The BSc (Hons) in Business Computing & Information Systems is a Bachelors Degree awarded by University of Central Lancashire and delivered at Penston Academy in Bangladesh. Students now have the option studying and graduating with an IT degree from University of Central Lancashire while living in Bangladesh. The programme has been designed to prepare students for employment in the IT sector.
The Degree blends both academic study and skills development in order to enhance your employability. In order to enable you to develop broad knowledge in the desired area, the course has an emphasis on applying the knowledge developed in real-life situations through case studies or working in and with real organisations.
- Awarding Body: University of Central Lancashire
- Duration: 3 Years
- Programme Fees – £ 7000
- Credits – 360
- Entry Requirements: One A-Level or HSC Complete.
- Application Deadline: March 2021
This programme equips students with a blend of technical IT skills and business expertise which prepares them for careers in senior management roles. The programme modules are designed to provide students with the fundamental skills and knowledge required by employers in the IT sector.
Graduates can pursue careers in:
- IT Management/Consultancy
- Software Engineering
- Data Management
- Cyber Security
- Information Systems Management
- Skills for Computing
- Computer Networks
- Computer Systems
- Designing and Developing a Website
- Essentials of Management
- Understanding Business Organisations
- Information Systems Analysis
- Dynamic Websites
- Database Design and Development
- Business IT Project
- Information Systems and Organisations
- Principles of Business Operations
- Advance Database Management Systems
- Corporate System Management
- Managing Information Systems Project
- Information System Project
- Modules are delivered and assessed on Lectures, Assignments and Exams with comprehensive British Education Experience
- Blended On-Campus Classes held at Penston Academy – Centre for British Council Examinations in Bangladesh and with some modules having the option of online delivery.
- Stay in constant communication with lecturers and teaching assistants after classes.
- Access to a wide range of study materials through Digital Library powered by British Council and Microsoft.
- Access to a full range of Microsoft 365 applications for the full duration of the course.
- Study at a British Council Partner Centre in Uttara.
- Balanced and Blended learning through In-Campus and Online classes to avoid exhausting traffic conditions of Dhaka.
- Complete access to full suite of Microsoft 365 applications and cloud storage facilities for convenient study.
- Graduate with an Internationally valued British Degree while living in Bangladesh.
- Affordable compared to most Computing Degrees in Bangladesh or in abroad.
- Attend Graduation Ceremony in the United Kingdom.
- Progress to Masters in UK, US, Canada and Australia
- Preferred by multinational or local companies in Bangladesh and worldwide
Penston does not accept online registration through web forms due to privacy concerns. For application please follow the instructions below:
- Download and complete the Application Form.
- Gather all the following documents:
- Photocopies of all Educational Certificates
- Photocopy of either Passport or National ID card
- 2 Passport size Photos
- Email the completed application form and all the documents at firstname.lastname@example.org or Submit physically at the Penston Academy Centre.
Alternatively call us at: 01317249146, 01833333990.